Safety Committee Information
A comprehensive community team that works together to align an approach that focuses on evidence-based school policies and practices for the Whole School, Whole Community, Whole Child to belong safely in the school environment.
A comprehensive community team that works collaboratively with the community to plan for (prevent, prepare and implement) the safety needs of our school district.
District Safety Committee Members
Mike Bacile, District Resource Officer
Sandy Bennett, School Social Worker
Dana Brown, School Social Worker
Michelle Calvillo, School Social Worker
Ed Cann, Deputy Chief, APFD
Mike Darga, Superintendent
Patrick Donohue, Principal, APMS
Dr. Janine Hall, Community Member
John Kelley, Principal, APHS
Michelle Kean, School Social Worker
Sean Laura Director, APCS & Preschool Program
Kathy Lott, Principal, Lindemann
Sara Metzger, Principal, Bennie
Adam Michalak, Director of Technology
Karen Moran, Assistant Principal, APHS
Lt. Jeff O’Riley, APFD
Lisa Pacholski, Principal, Cabrini Primary School
Meaghan Rourke, District Athletic Trainer
Erica Saville, School Social Worker
Patrick Ward, Director of Operations
Lindsay Weber, Assistant Principal, Cabrini High School
Steve Zielinski, Principal, Arno
Allen Park Public Schools School Safety Drills Requirements
Public Act 12 of 2014 that went into effect on July 1, 2014 revises the number and scheduling of required school safety drills. Ten drills will be required each year:
• Five fire drills per school year. Three of which must take place by December 1.
The other two during the remainder of the school year.
• Two tornado safety drills per school year. One of which must take place in March.
• Three lockdown drills per school year, including security measures appropriate to an emergency "such as the release of hazardous material
or the presence of a potentially dangerous individual on or near the premises." At least one of the drills must take place by December 1 and at least
one after January 1.
• At least one of the drills must be scheduled during lunch, recess, or at another time when a significant number of students are present, but
not in classrooms.
• Drill schedules for each school year must be submitted by September 15.
• Completed safety drills shall be posted on the website within 30 school days after the drill is completed and must be maintained on the
website for 3 years.
• Scheduled drills that are cancelled due to severe weather/conditions beyond the control of the school authorities must be rescheduled within
10 days after the cancelled drill date.